Homeowner's Insurance

Your house is more than four walls and a roof. It’s a symbol of your security and prosperity. And, it’s probably your biggest investment.

Also, inside those walls are possessions and valuables that make your house a home–and those items need protection as well. A standard homeowners policy safeguards your home and possessions against:

  • Sudden and accidental damage from electrical current
  • Fire and lightning
  • Windstorms and hail
  • Explosions
  • Smoke damage
  • Freezing
  • Theft
  • Glass breakage
  • Falling objects Weight of ice, snow or sleet
  • Accidental discharge of water or steam
  • Vehicles
  • Vandalism and malicious mischief

Also, homeowners insurance doesn’t apply only to those who own a single-family house. If you own a condominium, have combination dwellings, rent an apartment or if you have a second home, you can also buy insurance specifically designed for your circumstances.

Talk to an agent about your insurance needs.

Combination Dwellings

One policy provides both property and liability coverage for dwellings not eligible for a homeowners policy. All coverage options track with the homeowners policy, making it easier to use individually or in combination with homeowners coverage.

Condominiums/Rental Properties

If you rent an apartment or own a condominium, you need insurance to protect your belongings. While your landlord or condo association might have insurance, it only protects the building. Your belongings are not covered under those policies. There are several types of residential insurance policies. The HO-4 policy is designed for renters, while the HO-6 policy is for condo owners. They both cover losses to your personal property.

Second (vacation) Homes

Vacation homes require a special type of insurance–one that protects your vacation home but doesn’t overlap with your already existing homeowners insurance coverage. Most homeowners insurance policies provide limited coverage for personal property at an additional residence. However, if your coverage needs for your vacation home exceed this amount, you’re going to want to fill this gap by purchasing a policy that will cover your vacation home in its entirety. One way to do this is to purchase a dwelling fire policy, which is specially designed for a second home in that it provides coverage for the dwelling itself, along with your personal property.

In addition to protecting your home and its contents, we also offer several discount programs that make our coverage even more affordable (I don’t understand this statement).

Additional Homeowner Coverages

Scheduled Items

Items such as jewelry, furs, silver, collectibles and other valuables need to be insured separately (scheduled) to make sure that in the case of a loss you can recover their stated value. Your items are assessed when you begin the policy and the value obtained written into the policy.

Ask Us About Homeowners Discounts

  • Security or fire alarm discounts
  • Sprinkler system discounts
  • Home/auto discounts